Starting off my second weekend of August is a rather unique automotive event and experience. It was a first-of-its-kind event in my local area that was co-hosted by KW Automotive and well-known automotive photographer Larry Chen. I do not actively keep up with Larry Chen's content, but I have seen some of his work before, and what I have seen from him so far is pretty impressive. The event was called Cars and Cameras, and it took place Friday night, featuring a vehicle selection at least twice the size of the first event I ever attended at KW Automotive, their cars and coffee from December of last year. Heading into this particular show, I was informed that there would be a lot of Japanese sports cars and tuner-type vehicles on display there, and that was certainly the case. There were some European imports, exotics, classics, American muscle, and trucks sprinkled in there as well. The coolest aspects of Cars and Cameras consisted of a few specific examples I had not seen up close before, most notably a few cars provided by Larry Chen, and some professional studio setup stations inside the KW warehouse. In regards to the professional studio setups inside the warehouse, there was a bit of a line to access it, and an electronic waiver form signature and wristband were required for entry into that part of the show.
This compilation showcases the coolest and my favorite cars I saw and photographed at the first-ever local Cars and Cameras show. It is worth noting that although it is not pictured here, I was shocked to see a Toyota GR Yaris, a subcompact hot hatchback that is completely different from a regular Yaris and not sold in the US, in person for the first time and on display there. Several attendees at Cars and Cameras had the opportunity to meet and take photos with Larry Chen, but I did not take advantage of that opportunity because I was more concerned about ensuring that I got all the car photos I wanted to take and interacting with people that I already knew there. While there were several cars at I did not take photos of at Cars and Cameras, I was fortunately able to get photos of nearly all of the cars that I saw there that I liked the most. Per usual, the cars featured here that I like the most skew heavily towards modern European exotics and other similar vehicles. Despite there not being as many European exotics there as I was fully expecting, Cars and Cameras was a great show and cool experience with plenty of amazing and unique vehicles on hand. I hope KW Automotive or another venue hosts more immersive photography events like this one in the future. Enjoy and stay tuned for content from the cars and coffee I attended the morning after Cars and Cameras coming up next.
Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
McLaren 765LT Spider
Ferrari 458 Italia
Porsche 911 Turbo S Safari (991)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992)
Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)
Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Porsche 911 GT3 (991)
Porsche 911 Symphonic
Porsche 911 Carrera S (992)
Porsche Cayman GT4 (981)
Dodge Viper ACR (2016-17)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
You can further support my blog by checking out my merch here: CPF Store



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment