Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tasteless Car Mods

I was inspired by a series of installments on CarBuzz called "Car Mod Atrocities" to create this post, which contains horribly customized vehicles that will command mostly negative attention. "Tasteless Car Mods" is my version of that, except this contains only photos that I have taken of those mentioned in the previous sentence. All of these photos were taken either sometime last year or this year. I guarantee some of these will make you laugh or cry. The only people that I know of who enjoy the way these cars appear below are their respectful owners. I plan on doing another installment of "Tasteless Car Mods" once I snap some more photos of cars (and sometimes bikes) that appear ugly enough to where they should be burned to the ground or sent to the crusher. Vote for the car you think looks the worst in the comments below. Pictured in this specific order: 2009-11 Dodge Nitro (2/17/14), 1990's Pontiac Grand Am (6/7/13), Volkswagen Lavida (Beijing, 6/13/14), first-gen Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Beijing, 6/13/14), 2005-07 Dodge Magnum (3/29/14), 2006-13 Suzuki SX4 (Xian, 6/15/14), 2012-14 Chevy Cruze (Shanghai, 6/20/14), and early '90s Honda Accord (Los Angeles, 7/11/14. I personally think it looks okay, but I have an idea of what some of you are going to think on this one. Speaking of pickup conversions, I also saw a first-gen Scion xB that was converted into a pickup driving on the I-5 during my L.A. trip a couple weeks ago; it looked much worse. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it to share with you.). In my opinion, the turquoise Chevy Cruze that I spotted in Shanghai last month would have to be the ugliest car in this first installment. Also, I would like to beat the purple Suzuki SX4 that I saw in Xian last month with a baseball bat.






 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment