Friday, July 18, 2014

Mercedes-AMG GT Prototype





During my most recent trip to L.A., which took place one week ago, I came across a pre-production prototype of the Mercedes-AMG GT, the successor to the amazing SLS AMG, doing some warm-weather testing. I had never spotted a test mule for a future car on the street and I don't intentionally search for those wherever I go. For those of you who are unfamiliar with test mules, they usually have some sort of camouflage as to not give away what the car could possibly be. Auto publications and forums are always on the lookout for pre-production prototypes and are successful at finding them; I am one of the lucky few who found something like this in a parking lot unexpectedly. It was a very exciting experience, especially since it was a test mule for the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG successor (for those of you who don't know, if I had to choose a favorite car brand, it would be Mercedes-Benz). Unlike the SLS, the Mercedes-AMG GT will not have gullwing doors and the naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V8 under the hood. Instead, the GT will use a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 producing 510 HP and 479 lb-ft of torque. It will be aimed at the Porsche 911 and have its debut at the Paris Motor Show in October. The Mercedes-AMG GT will be one of the most anticipating cars of 2015 and I already know that it will be one of the best sports cars to hit the market next year (along with the Corvette C7 Z06).

No comments:

Post a Comment