Tuesday, March 28, 2023

McLaren 720S (2019-23)

 



The 720S is currently the most recent Super Series model from McLaren. A brief overview: the 720S made its debut for the 2019 model year as the replacement for the 650S and is powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 with 710 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. It launches from zero to 60 mph in the upper two-second range and can hit a top speed of 212 mph. Production for the 720S wrapped up at the end of last year, with its successor on the way soon. Pricing for the 720S starts at around $310k. 

I have previously seen my fair share of the McLaren 720S on the road, at car shows, and in dealer showrooms, but it is definitely not a vehicle that I would see out and about on a daily basis. Featured in this post are the two latest examples I have seen up close at the two previous Cars and Coffee meets I attended, with the gray 720S Spider at the February meet and the red 720S Coupe earlier this month. I have a soft spot for the McLaren 720S, and until its successor proves to me otherwise, the 720S is the coolest and greatest "mainstream" McLaren ever made. 





You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment