Friday, March 3, 2023

1989 Porsche 911 Speedster

 




The Speedster from the late 80s marks the first-ever rendition of the Porsche 911 Speedster and the last of the second-generation Porsche 911. It was introduced in 1988 for the 1989 model year featuring its signature tonneau cover and trimmed windows and windshield, which all paid homage to the original 356 Speedster from the 50s. Powering the first 911 Speedster is a 3.2-liter flat-six producing 231 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque mated to a five-speed manual transmission. It launches from zero to 60 mph in around six seconds and can reach a top speed of 152 mph. The 911 Speedster from 1989 also borrowed many parts from the 930 Turbo. Its dual-hump tonneau cover replaces the rear seats and is the 911 Speedster's most distinctive aspect, making it stand out from all other classic Porsche 911s in the best way possible.





Like every other 911 Speedster, the version from 1989 is quite rare and more special and valuable than most other Porsche 911 models. Just over 2,100 examples were built of the 911 Speedster for only the 1989 model year before Porsche began producing the 964-gen 911. I saw this particular 1989 911 Speedster at my local Cars & Coffee at the past two meets I attended in November and February. Besides this one, I may have seen one or two other classic 911 Speedsters up close, but those encounters were more than likely several years ago. The Speedster may not be my absolute favorite version of the Porsche 911, but I see it as one of the most beautiful and fascinating Porsche 911s. It will also immediately grab my attention every time I see one in person due to its exclusivity and unique design. 

You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment