Sunday, August 14, 2022

1990 Chevy Carralo Camaro

 


To most people, this may be just an 80s/early 90s Camaro with a body kit, but the Carralo is an incredibly rare special edition that looks like an almost completely different vehicle. In fact, I had no idea the Carralo existed until I spotted one at a shopping center two months ago and did some research on it afterwards. The specific example I spotted was a 1990 Carralo Convertible, which was created by Knudsen Automotive and based on the Camaro IROC-Z. Powering the Carralo Convertible is a 5.7-liter V8 with 245 horsepower and 345 lb-ft of torque mated to a four-speed automatic gearbox. The Carralo's unique body kit gives the vehicle a more aerodynamic appearance and is very reminiscent of its era. It also features a blue and white paint scheme like that of the Corvette C4 Grand Sport with a matching blue interior. 

Roughly 100 total Carralo Camaros were ever produced, and the Carralo will command a bit of a premium over other 80s and early 90s Camaros considering how rare and unique it is. Overall, the Camaro from this era is decent but not the best or my favorite. However, the Carralo's otherworldly appearance made it stand out enough for me to give it a second look. It also took gaining some knowledge about this car to realize that I found a diamond in the rough, and I am grateful to have spotted one when I did.

Buy CPF Merch: CPF Store

No comments:

Post a Comment