Tuesday, April 11, 2023

2016 Porsche 911 R

 






The 911 R is one of the most extreme and exclusive versions of the previous 991-gen Porsche 911. It was added to the Porsche 911 portfolio for only the 2016 model year as a limited edition track-focused model. Consider the 911 R a more subtle and hardcore GT3/GT3 RS. Powering the 991-gen 911 R is a 4.0-liter flat-six producing 500 horsepower and 338 lb-ft of torque paired to a six-speed manual gearbox. It can launch from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds onto a top speed of 201 mph. There are a few notable ways to distinguish the 911 R from other 991-gen Porsche 911 models: the R contains the GT3 RS' front bumper and center-lock wheels but lacks the large rear wing and other aero components featured on the GT3 RS. Most 911 Rs are either white or silver with different colored stripes running across the top of the vehicle. However, this particular example is unique in that it is painted yellow without any contrasting stripes on top. It also features black leather and carbon fiber trim with contrasting yellow stitching in its cabin, along with other lightweight materials and weight-saving measures. 

Porsche built a total of 991 units of the 911 R for the 2016 model year. I've seen at least five 911 Rs up close since its debut eight years ago, with the one featured in this post being the most recent sighting. This particular example in yellow is currently for sale at my local Audi/Porsche dealer priced at over $500,000. Once I found out that my local Audi/Porsche dealer had this 911 R in stock, I had to find a way to see it up close for viewing and photography purposes, and I was able to do so about a month ago, especially since I am a complete sucker for rare exotic sports cars and supercars. Overall, it may not be my favorite Porsche 911 model, and this yellow one may not be the most appealing example that I have seen, but the 991-gen 911 R is an absolutely amazing and wonderful sports car and collector's car. 

You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment