Friday, October 21, 2022

2005-06 Ford GT (Vol. 3)

 




I've featured my fair share of Ford GTs on this site previously, and this is one that I have spotted more recently, especially of the first-gen model from 2005 and 2006. It has been on display at my local Cars and Coffee meets during August and September and had to be the coolest car on display at both meets, which contained mostly Porsches.



A brief overview: The first-gen Ford GT is a tribute to the original and legendary GT40 and was created to honor Ford's 100th anniversary. It is powered by a 5.4-liter supercharged V8 producing 550 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. It launches from zero to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and can reach a top speed of 205 mph. Just over 4,000 total units were produced, with values appreciating past $500,000. 

This particular example is also fitted in one of the first-gen GT's signature color schemes, white with blue stripes. Overall, the Ford GT is an amazing, special, and thrilling car that most people, including me, don't see on a regular basis. It is bound to be a future classic and already a highly sought-after collector's item. Although I tend to focus more on posting cool cars that I have never previously featured on this site before, I had to feature the 2005-06 Ford GT again, especially since I see it as one of the greatest and coolest American cars ever made.



Buy CPF Merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store

 

No comments:

Post a Comment