Thursday, November 11, 2021

Audi RS6 Avant (2021-)

 





The long-awaited Audi RS6 Avant has made its return to the North American market for the 2021 model year. It is the third entrant into the current North American fast wagon segment besides the Mercedes-AMG E63 S Wagon and Porsche Panamera Turbo/Turbo S Sport Turismo. Powering the new RS6 Avant is a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 producing 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque paired to an eight-speed automatic. It launches from zero to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds and tops out at 190 mph. Not only does it have incredible performance, but the RS6 contains a luxurious interior with high-tech features that can comfortably seat up to five people. Compared to the A6 Allroad, the RS6 Avant has a sportier and more aggressive appearance, along with larger wheels and a stiffer suspension. Pricing for the new Audi RS6 Avant starts at $110,045. 

I love fast wagons, and the Audi RS6 Avant is no different. It is also my favorite Audi model currently and of all time. I remember spotting a few examples of the previous RS6 Avant when I was in Europe four summers ago, and they were the vehicles I was most excited to see up close out of those that weren't sold in the U.S. at the time. I am extremely thankful that Audi now offers the new RS6 Avant Stateside, and I have seen two of them in person thus far. Although it remains a close second to the Mercedes-AMG E63 S Wagon to me, the Audi RS6 Avant is a truly amazing and underrated sleeper of a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment