Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Porsche 911 Carrera (991)

















I know I have featured this one before, but the Porsche 911 is one of the best all-around sports cars. It has won Motor Trend's Best Driver's Car Competition for the past two years. Some people say the 911 is a "glorified VW Beetle." I completely disagree. It has followed the same formula for years: rear-engine, RWD or AWD, and naturally aspirated or turbocharged flat-six. The current-gen (991) is my favorite generation of the 911, followed by the 997, original (901), 964, 993, and 996. Shown above is the Carrera/S/4/4S, which makes 350-400 HP and 287-325 ft-lbs. of torque.  I don't have too much else to say about this car, but the 911 is a great daily sports car; I prefer this over the smaller, mid-engine, less powerful Boxster/Cayman any day of the week. However, I'd consider the Corvette before the 911 and I can't choose between this and the Jaguar F-Type. The second-to-last one (in white) was on display in front of the Le Meridien Hotel in Shanghai back in June. I saw the last one in this compilation during my trip to Los Angeles last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment