Saturday, May 18, 2024

Porsche 911 Speedster (991)

 







 The latest Speedster is the performance-focused open-top version and the last version of the Porsche 911 introduced for its previous 991 generation. Produced for only the 2019 model year, the 991-generation Porsche 911 Speedster is powered by the naturally-aspirated 4.0-liter flat-six similar to that of the one in the 911 GT3 with 502 horsepower and 346 pound-feet of torque paired to a six-speed manual gearbox. It's not as quick or nearly as fast as other performance-focused Porsche 911s, especially when equipped with PDK dual-clutch transmissions, launching from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and capable of a top speed of 192 mph. Distinct styling elements from previous 911 Speedsters carry over to the 991 Speedster, such as the dual-hump tonneau cover, shortened windshield and side windows, and black protective patches between the doors and rear fenders. In many ways, the Speedster is practically a 911 GT3 roadster.

Only 1,948 units of the 991-gen Porsche 911 Speedster were ever made, with pricing starting at $275,750 when new. This total production run number was determined because 1948 was the year when Porsche built its first car. I saw this green 991 Speedster on display at my local Audi/Porsche dealer last month, and it marks the first time I have ever seen a 991 Speedster in person. The Speedster was basically the only version of the 991-gen Porsche 911 that I hadn't seen up close until last month. When I found out earlier last month that there was one on display at my local Audi/Porsche dealer showroom, I had to make a visit to check it out up close. Although it was already sold, I was luckily able to see this particular example at the dealer and take the photos that you see here before its new owner eventually picked it up and took it home. I never viewed it as the greatest or my absolute favorite Porsche 911, but the Speedster is certainly one of the most intriguing, most exclusive, and most stylish versions of Porsche's flagship sports car, and this remains no different for its previous 991 generation.

You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment