Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Nissan Skyline Sedan (R34)

 




Here is another classic Nissan Skyline, except more unique and unlike any of the others I've seen before. More specifically, this is an R34-generation Nissan Skyline Sedan, produced from 1998 to 2001. The sedan version of the Nissan Skyline R34 was offered with three different motors: a 2.0-liter RB20DE inline-six with 153 horsepower and 137 pound-feet of torque, a 2.5-liter RB25DE inline-six with 197 horsepower and 188 pound-feet of torque, or a 2.5-liter turbocharged RB25DET inline-six with 276 horsepower and 253 pound-feet of torque. The non-GT-R R34 Skylines' three motors send power to either the rear wheels or all four wheels paired to either a 4-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual. This particular R34 Skyline Sedan has added some modifications over stock, but I'm not entirely sure of any internal specifics.






 The R34 Nissan Skyline Sedan was initially primarily sold only in Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore, but is now available to legally import to the U.S. under the federal 25-year import regulation. In the States, legally-imported R34 Skyline Sedans generally sell for around $20,000 on the low end and in the $40,000s on the high end. I saw this R34 Skyline Sedan at a car meet I stumbled across on my way home from running errands in mid December, and this marked my first time ever seeing any version of the R34 Skyline in person. This car meet in mid December, which was the last one I attended during the 2023 calendar year, mainly featured tuner- and drifter-type vehicles and was a smaller-scale meet compared to some of the other ones I normally attend. Although the smaller tuner meets aren't usually the most impressive, these always have some vehicles that grab my attention, and I was most intrigued by this R34 Skyline Sedan out of all the cars that showed up there that evening. Overall, the R34 is my favorite Nissan Skyline generation, and this particular example is a beautiful and impressive Japanese classic. I am especially looking forward to seeing an R34 Skyline GT-R in person for the first time at some point in the near future and providing photos and commentary of it on this site as soon as possible once it happens. 

You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment