Sunday, May 11, 2014

2014 Ford F-150











Shown above is the outgoing 2014 Ford F-150, the best-selling car in the U.S. and the best truck in its class (the Chevy Silverado is close behind). There is a redesigned 2015 model coming to dealers soon, with an all-aluminum chassis to cut weight. I think the 2015 model looks good, while some may argue that its predecessor looks better. The trim levels pictured above are in this particular order: King Ranch, STX, Lariat, FX4, Tremor, Platinum, and Raptor. My favorite version of the F-150 is the Raptor, which is the most off-road capable F-150, and I think it is also one of the best trucks of all time. Last month, my friend bought a brand new F-150 Raptor. It looks pretty nice; I'm not sure if he plans on upgrading it or adding any cosmetic enhancements to it. Apparently, more than half of F-150 buyers opt for the EcoBoost V6 over the V8. I can see that being the case because the EcoBoost V6 is more fuel efficient and costs less than the V8. The good news is that a test mule for the next Raptor has been spied on the streets recently, meaning that there will be another Raptor ahead for the upcoming F-150, which will be due sometime next year. On the other hand, the Tremor package will not return for the 2015 model year. I tend to favor GM in most cases, but I am very impressed with the Ford F-150 as a truck. It is reliable, fuel efficient, and drives very well compared to some of its competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment