Tuesday, November 25, 2014

2014 Los Angeles Auto Show: Mercedes-Maybach S600








This begins my coverage of the 2014 L.A. Auto Show, which I attended Saturday. I got to see everything except for the Aftermarket Hall; I ran out of time before I could get there. All the Aftermarket Hall had were customized and modified vehicles, along with aftermarket car parts. However, I saw the best and most important vehicles on display, so I didn't really miss much. Overall, I enjoyed it, but it could've been better. This means I wish I could've spent more time there, but I had places to go, people to see, things to do, and it was getting late for me. Moving on, the first debut I would like to feature is the Mercedes-Maybach S600. It is the first in a line of vehicles under Mercedes-Benz's recently re-launched Maybach sub-brand, which is associated with super luxury and exclusivity. It is also the spiritual successor to the original Maybach 57/62 and technically an S-Class with an extra-long wheelbase. The S600 Maybach is powered by the same engine as the S65, which is a 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 producing 523 horsepower. The interior of this car is adorned with hand-stitched leather, real wood, and chrome, and individual electronically-adjustable rear seats come standard with cushioned pop-out ottomans and backrests that recline up to 43.5 degrees. The backseat also provides extra legroom for passengers. Other features include an Air-Balance perfume pack, panoramic sunroof with Magic Sky Control, Designo leather headliner, and Burmester 3D stereo. The Mercedes-Maybach S600 will go on sale this April with an estimated price in the $200,000 range. In my opinion, the S600 Maybach is an extremely wonderful vehicle and will give Rolls-Royce and Bentley second thoughts. It has one of the best interiors out of any car in existence and is perfectly fit for the owner who wants to be driven to their destinations and five-star hotels' shuttle services. Also, this car will instantly become popular amongst rappers, just  like most ultra-luxury cars. I should also mention that there won't be an AMG version of the S600 Maybach or of any vehicle under the Maybach sub-brand, which totally makes sense because Mercedes-Maybach and Mercedes-AMG serve two different purposes and I can't really see the two sub-brands mixing. Pictured below are the 2015 Mercedes-Benz S550, S550 Plug-in Hybrid, and S63 AMG, three of the best full-size luxury sedans on the market.








No comments:

Post a Comment