Thursday, January 16, 2014

Porsche Panamera (2014-)

If you are asking yourself why there are so many Porsches on this site at once, that is because I was  in the Porsche section near the beginning of my visit to the L.A. Auto Show. If you didn't know already, Porsche is one of my favorite car brands. Pictured first is the top-of-the-line Panamera Turbo/S, my favorite version of the Panamera. The Turbo/S is powered by a 4.8-liter turbocharged V8 producing 520 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. Power is evenly distributed through all four wheels and it comes with a seven-speed automatic. 0-60 mph happens in around four seconds and top speed is approximately 190 mph. The Panamera Turbo has a starting price of $141,300, while the Turbo S starts at $161,100. Add lots of options and it will end up costing you around $200k. The second one is the e-Hybrid, which has a hybridized 3.0-liter V6 producing 416 hp and 435 lb-ft of torque. It's more powerful than a base Panamera, but not as powerful as the GTS or Turbo variants. I am definitely a fan of the Panamera, but for the similar price range, I'd rather have a Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Pictured below is the Panamera S (in white); the first one was taken one week before the L.A. Auto Show while the second one was taken in late December. Also pictured is a base Panamera (in black) that I took in late December.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment